Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, September 3, 2010

HOLY U.S. OPEN BATMAN!

When I started my blog a year or so back, I wanted to talk about the things I love - my family, photography, movies, and tennis. There hasn't been a whole lot of tennis talk as of late, but now that the US open is in full swing, there is plenty to discuss.

What I like to call my "favorite two weeks of the year," the US Open kicked off on Monday. Federer already looking great, crushing the ball with incredible racket head speed - getting his confidence going in the first few rounds so as he works his way deeper into the draw, other plays will fear him...ohh and they absolutely will. Though Nadal looks pretty solid, already been given two prime time night session matches and a third this evening. He's moving with incredible agility and absolutely punishing the ball. Though the big question still remains - will his body hold up over the two weeks? So far with only night matches and avoiding the heat during the day...he just might make it.

Roddick made a quick exit in the first round. He hasn't found his game all year and I don't see it resurrecting any time soon.

As for Djokovic, that hot head Serbian who walks around Flushing Meadow like he owns the place is a player I just love to hate. Cocky and confident, but only one major under his belt - that's it man. His father even looks like a prick...hmm I wonder where Novak gets it from. And then when asked by Brad Gilbert whether he had a tweener shot like Roger's in his arsenal after last night's victory, Novak said, "No, I have something else between my legs." Dude...you have not earned the right to comment about Roger Federer like that. You need to worry about James Blake in the next round who may be the one of the most dangerous players in the draw and possess the biggest forehand in the game, well that's if he can get it in! Anyway, just shut your trap and be humble for a second please.

Anyway more later, and if you didn't see it the other night, take a look at Rogers' between the legs shot...frickin incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment