Flash Required to view this area.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

SANTA MONICA BEACH

The talk of the week around town was that this weekend was going to be absolutely amazing. To be honest, it is quite beautiful outside - high 70s, sunny, light winds, just another California day. Amanda was eager to spend the day outside and Sylvie is always up for a trip to the beach. So as I said above, high 70s, sunny, light winds...you'd think the beach would be the ideal place to spend the day. Though as we crept along the I-10 West to Santa Monica, we noticed the marine layer getting ever so thicker and thicker and thicker. Until we finally arrived at the Annenberg Beach House to find a cold, dreary, windy beach day. People were using their towels as an extra layer, sweaters and sweatshirts, sweatpants, anything within reach to keep...well...warm. We couldn't believe it. We were duped by the weather system! With that said, I'm still glad we went. I think there is a maturity and beauty in Sylvie that came out today that I haven't photographed before. She was a movie star, channeling the golden era of Hollywood or something. So to share these with you makes me very proud. I hope you agree. Love the colors.

Doheny between Sunset and Santa Monica
Santa Monica Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment