Flash Required to view this area.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

BLACKBIRD REFLEX CAMERA

About a year ago, I bought a Blackbird Fly Reflex 35mm Camera to mess around with. I was excited to get that old fashion feel and experiment with a format that is outside my comfort zone.  Sadly, I've only shot two rolls of film since then and it's taken me over 365 days to get those rolls developed.  Amazing right?!! We live in a digital age, what that key word being "instant."  We are so use to taking a picture and seeing the results on an LCD screen less than a second later.

When I bought the camera, I began taking it with me to work each morning, hoping to get some interesting shots in and around the Paramount Lot.  As I'd run back and forth between digi post where I was cutting three films worth of dailies each week, it made for a good excuse to grab the Blackbird off my desk, stop, frame up a shot, and click the shutter.  I'll admit, I'm still trying got get the hang of it. It takes some skill to estimate focus distance, frame through the viewfinder and see everything up-side-down, get your brain to think right is left, left is right...it's fun though.

Knowing how much I love photography, you can only imagine just how excited I was to finally drop off my film at Samys over the weekend and to rush over Monday afternoon to check out the results. It's always so anticlimactic...there are a few good ones I guess, the retro color and actually shooting on film was a fun experiment.  I went through the roll and found, well, what I think were some decent exposures. To all my Paramount friends, these are for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment