Flash Required to view this area.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

LAKE SHRINE CALIFORNIA

Friends and fam have been asking recently why I haven't been posting photos on the blog.  The honest truth is I haven't found the time to write.  I keep up the photos through shutterfly regulalry for family and update tumblr here and there.  Finding the time to write though is the toughest part.  So here I lay, on a Saturday evening having just finished reading a treatment, now with some time, but an ear to the television as Amanda watches Real Housewives of New Jersey, as I get my thoughts in order.

It's been an amazing three months, Estella already wise beyond her years, possessing all the great qualities of her mom and big sister.  Looks like she's going to have my eyes, so that's a good thing!  Estella is an observer, like her daddy.  She takes it all in, one day she's going to speak, say something amazing and thoughtful, blow us all out of the water.  She and her sister will conquer the world.  But until then, they are my babies.

We went to Lake Shrine today where the PCH and Sunset Blvd intersect.  Beautiful spot.  Majestic.  Calm.  Alarmingly Quiet.  We walked around taking in the beauty.  Sylvie told me later this evening as she was having her bedtime snack that her favorite part was feeding the turtles.  We laughed at how much fun we had.  I told myself to remember this moment, she was so honest and happy, it was her time to tell me what she loved about the day.  We had brunch at Taste, just up the street from Lake Shrine, delicious.  Tennis with Bobby in BH.  Dinner w Lindsey, Brian, and the handsome Sawyer.  Shows.  Baths.  Snacks.  Stories.

So that's that.  Tomorrow is another day.  I'm sure we'll laugh, get frustrated and angry, but delighted when Estella stares deep into our souls and smiles, Sylvie cracks a joke, tells us she isn't hungry to then five minutes later throwing a tantrum fully knowing she's starving but not wanting to admit it.  And we go around and around and around.

Here are a few from the day.  Also, to get caught up on my other work please go to andrewcalof.tumblr.com

Until we talk again...












No comments:

Post a Comment