Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, August 17, 2012

SUMMER FUN IN CHICAGO 2012

I strive to be the best - as a father, as a husband, as an executive, as a friend, and as a photographer.

It's interesting that I was totally against the still image 10 years ago - it was the moving image that I found to be the kind of excitement that truly blew my hair back. But when I bought my first DSLR almost six years, I became obsessed with the medium. Now I strive to improve my still photography every time I put the viewfinder to my eye. And I couldn't be happier with the results from this last weekend in Chicago.

We'd been looking forward to visiting Lee, Michael, Dakota and Shiloh for quite some time now - its been one of those summers where Amanda and I have been constantly working, me away for nearly the month of July, Amanda crushing budgets and deals, so to have a weekend where we were able to just watch time pass us by, was a great feeling.

Growing up as a kid in the suburbs of Minneapolis was a special time - ice cream, the neighborhood, parks down the street, swimming pools, more ice cream, baseball, gardens, and swing sets. To show Sylvie that way of life this past weekend was something special we looked forward to share with her - she loved it.

Thanks you to Lee and Michael for opening their home to us - the chaos, the laughter, smiles, and tears were amazing in the best of ways, we loved it, wouldn't trade it for anything. We love and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment